Research shows that cutting a quarter of your costs on indirect spend is possible.
Indirect Procurement and M3
Infor M3 doesn't support Indirect Procurement as well as it could. There are limited features for requisitions and approvals, and bad overall visibility into the process.
Many companies have moved away from M3 to handle Indirect Procurement. A third-party system that duplicates a lot of data and logic in M3 has been brought in instead. Some of the logic and data may even be in conflict with what is in M3. The outcome is either costly integrations or drastically reduced control over the procurement process in M3.
Instead we recommend that you use as much as possible of what is already in M3. Gaps and areas that are hard to use or too time-consuming are fixed by our solution. We give you a simple experience for requesting and managing purchases. One where you no longer have to be an M3 expert.
The result is an effective and flexible end-to-end process that doesn't need a third-party external solution.
Benefits of using our solution
- A consumer-style user experience where any employee spends as little time as possible on indirect procurement, since it is not their primary job.
- Connected to your ERP in real time. All information is based on the current state of the process in the ERP and is not dependent on any costly integrations or duplication of data or logic.
- The process becomes transparent for everyone involved. The requestor, the approver and the purchasing department all see what is going on and in what stage the process is in.
- Gradually improve your process step-by-step. Start simple and add modules and functionality as needed. Continuous Improvement should be a natural part of the evolution of your procurement process.
- Achieve control of the procurement of your MRO materials and drastically reduce the number of errors in what is being purchased. This significantly reduces the cost overhead of the process.
- Works with punch-out catalogs. We support connecting supplier catalogs based on the common cXML standard. This greatly simplifies interaction with your major suppliers.
- The app works on tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops. Touch-based input and mobile devices are first-class citizens. You can use it offline for the requisition part when used in difficult environments.
- Request material by photograph. What needs to be replaced may be old, hard to identify, and the exact product may no longer be available. Photos help your colleagues identify the correct replacement.
Results after go-live
Through Lean Value Stream Mapping we've measured the results of implementing our solution.
The average process time in your company is reduced from 20 days to 17.5 days. This is an improvement of 12.5%. If you want to improve supplier reaction times as well, ask us about our Supplier Portal.
The average work time spent on a purchase is reduced from 44.5 minutes to 17 minutes. This is an improvement of 61.8%. Multiply your employee cost for that half hour with the number of purchases per year and you get an idea of the magnitude of savings you can achieve. The ROI time for this solution is very short.